Nintendo has released a new update for Mario Kart 8 Deluxe on Switch, which brings the game up to version 1.5. The update is notable for bringing support for the Toy-Con Motorcycle from the Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit. It’s the first game outside of Nintendo Labo software to get Toy-Con support, with more coming in the future.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe 1.5 Patch Notes
- Now supports the use of the Toy-Con Motorbike from Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 01: Variety Kit.
- You can now set whether or not to use the Toy-Con Motorbike from the Toy-Con settings in the top menu.
- At the screen right before the game begins, please set the Joy-Con inside the Toy-Con Motorbike.
- When using the Toy-Con Motorbike, the camera will look over the character’s shoulder, increasing immersion.
- Press the downward directional button to play with normal view again.
- Addressed an issue where, after setting up a tournament, the “Search by code” feature would stop functioning.
- Addressed an issue that made it impossible for a player to proceed after colliding with a Star Thwomp.
- The latest update data is needed to play matches online.
- Once you have downloaded the latest update data, you will no longer be able to play “Local Wireless” and “LAN Play” matches with other players who have not downloaded this data.
Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is available exclusively for Switch. The game originally released for Wii U, but was brought to Switch with all of the DLC and a revamped battle mode. It is currently one of the highest-rated games for Switch.