Nintendo’s Direct broadcast for Super Smash Bros. Ultimate has concluded, and lots of new information was revealed. New characters and stages were revealed, as well as more information on modes and assist trophies. In this post we’re going to round up everything that happened.
- Simon Belmont joins the roster, Richter Belmont as an Echo Fighter
- Simon’s stage in the game will be Dracula’s Castle, featuring bosses from across the entire series.
- Alucard will make an appearance as an Assist Trophy
- Chrom and Dark Samus join the roster as Echo Fighters
- There are 103 stages in the game, and with the Omega Mode variations it totals over 300 playable stages
- New Stage Morph option allows you to pick two stages and battle on both stages as they transform mid-battle
- There will be over 900 new and returning musical tracks, resulting in over 28 hours of music
- Smashdown Mode makes it so that previously selected characters won’t be available after they’ve been picked once, requiring you to master multiple characters
- New Training Mode allows for further practice with each character
- New items include Death’s Scythe and Ramblin’ Evil Mushroom
- Lots of new Pokemon will be coming as Poke Ball assists
- Shovel Knight appears as an Assist Trophy
- The Moon from The Legend of Zelda: Majora’s Mask appears as an Assist Trophy
- Rathalos from the Monster Hunter series appears as an Assist Trophy
- King K. Rool joins the roster
Super Smash Bros. Ultimate is in development for Switch, and is set to launch on December 7th.