The footage that we’ve seen of the upcoming Resident Evil 2 remake has largely centered around the PlayStation 4 version, but thanks to Gamescom 2018 we’re getting our first look at a different version. Nvidia GeForce shared the first ever PC gameplay of the game, and it’s looking solid so far. You can check it out at the bottom of this post.
For those unfamiliar with the game, it is a complete remake of the original game. However, developer Capcom will also be adding new twists to the formula, making it a fresh experience beyond a simple graphics refresh. The following are the key features taken from the official Amazon page:
- A spine-chilling reimagining of a horror classic – Based on the original PlayStation console release in 1998, the new game has been completely rebuilt from the ground up for a deeper narrative experience
- A whole new perspective – New over-the-shoulder camera mode and modernized control scheme creates a more modern take on the survival horror experience and offers players a trip down memory lane with the original gameplay modes from the 1998 release.
- Terrifyingly realistic visuals – Built on Capcom’s proprietary RE Engine, Resident Evil 2 delivers breathtakingly photorealistic visuals in 4K whilst stunning lighting creates an up-close, intense and atmospheric experience as players roam the corridors of the Raccoon City Police Department (RPD).
- Face the grotesque hordes – Zombies are brought to life with a horrifyingly realistic wet gore effect as they react in real time taking instant visible damage, making every bullet count.
- Iconic series defining gameplay – Engage in frenzied combat with enemies, explore dark menacing corridors, solve puzzles to access areas and collect and use items discovered around the environment in a terrifying constant fight for survival
Resident Evil 2 remake will launch for PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC on January 25th, 2019. Be sure to check out the new PC gameplay footage below.