The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is a gorgeous game and is easily one of the finest games of the past decade. While it’s stellar across the board, that doesn’t mean that it doesn’t have some minor issues. That’s where fan mods come in to tweak things to become even better, and the Redux mod has been doing that for a while now.
Now The Witcher 3 Redux mod has received a new update, bringing it up to version 2.6 and packing some notable changes. The following are the complete patch notes:
- New Critical Effect – “Drain”. Basically the magic equivalent of Fatigue. Lowers Geralt’s Sign Intensity each time it is applied. See below for more details.
- Redesigned Yrden Skill “Supercharged Glyphs”. Casting a sign while standing in a glyph greatly amplifies the sign’s effects. See below for specific details.
- Redesigned Leshen Decoction – Yrden Slowdown effect is increased by 10% (modified version of the old “Supercharged Glyphs” ability).
- Redesigned Noonwraith Decoction – Increases Sign Intensity by 1% for every enemy killed.
- Increased Yrden slowdown cap from 45% to 50%
- Lowered Grandmaster Griffin Gear 6/6 Sign Intensity Bonus from 100% to 50% and removed 20% damage reduction.
- Lowered Morvudd’s (fiend from Contract: Missing Son) regen from 2%/sec to 0.8%/sec, essence/health bonus from +80% to +40% and changed his 30% Poison DoT resistance to 30% Bleeding DoT resistance. His stats were too high after the patch that added additive resistances to the Poison Critical Effect
- Reworked Burning Critical Effect – “Pyromaniac” skill damage boost no longer applies to burning but burning duration nerf decreased from -60% to -40%
- Casting Quen no longer removes the Bleeding or Burning critical effect (it still provides immunity though)
- Casting Aard Sweep (Alternate Aard) will remove the burning effect from Geralt.
- White Raffard’s Decoction will remove the Bleeding effect from Geralt.
- (DL)v1.2 – Removed Descriptive Levels from Vesemir during the tutorial and the “Devil by the Well” (Prologue Noonwraith
The Witcher 3 Redux mod has been very well-received, making small but notable tweaks to the gameplay to make it more realistic. Considering that combat was considered perhaps the weakest link in the game, this mod helps to bring it up a notch.
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt is available now on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch and PC. Developer CD Projekt RED is currently working on a new game called Cyberpunk 2077, which is a sci-fi RPG set to launch later this year.