The keynote presentation at Final Fantasy XIV’s Fan Fest in Frankfurt, Germany, has many fans of the MMO suitably excited for the release of Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood this coming June. Square Enix revealed that players will not only be joining the resistance and fighting for the liberation of Ala Mihgo, but will also be traveling to Doma and its surrounding areas in this upcoming expansion. Mentions of the nation have been peppered throughout the winding storyline of Final Fantasy XIV, but for the first time, players will depart from the continent of Eorzea and explore the greater reaches of Hydaelyn.
Producer/Director Naoki Yoshida announced further details of what we can expect from the expansion, listed below:
- New Job – Samurai (DPS Role): Samurai joins red mage as one of the new jobs to debut in Stormblood. The katana-wielding samurai is a powerful melee attacker and master of “Iai” swordplay techniques who can store energy within their katana to unleash special attacks. This new job will allow players to learn and master the art of “Sen” and its three forces as they develop their abilities: “Setsu” (snow), “Getsu” (moon), and “Ka” (Flower).
- New City – Kugane: Located within Hingashi, a Far-Eastern archipelago nation with a strict isolationist policy, Kugane is the only port city open to foreign trade vessels. Violent acts are strictly prohibited within the town’s walls.
- Additional Beast Tribe and Primal: The Ruby Sea is one of many new areas accessible on the continent of Othard, and home to the Kojin—skilled traders residing in underwater settlements who welcome dealings with other races. The Kojin believe that a unique god resides in all objects and are collectors of treasures housing powerful deities. This beast tribe, like the others of Eorzea, finds itself intertwined in the worship of a primal: Lord of The Revel, Susano.
- New Dungeons: Many new and challenging dungeons, including Yanxia and The Azim Steppe, await adventurers in Stormblood as they explore the reaches of Othard.
- Residential Areas: The highly anticipated new residential area, Shirogane, was also announced. This housing area in Kugane brings an entirely new style of housing to players, featuring Far-Eastern style dwellings and wards.
The Final Fantasy XIV Fan Fest also featured the first Stormblood CGI trailer which we’ve included below for your enjoyment. If you’re excited to get into the action, be sure to preorder Final Fantasy XIV: Stormblood here.