The trend on PC gaming discounts has been a reluctance to let 3rd party PC gaming retailers offer discounts of any sizable nature. The classic 20% off before release as fallen to 15% or 10% off, which isn’t as great of an incentive for the buyer. That said, the PC gaming retailer GMG is bucking the trend in their E3 sale offer 12% – 20% instant discounts plus a stacking 10% coupon code for additional savings.
The results are AAA releases getting discounts between 21% and 28%. This includes the upcoming Call of Duty: WWII, an unheard of discount ahead of release for the Call of Duty franchise in recent years. This makes the Steam copy of WWII essentially 21% off, with the Steam key provided straight from publisher Activision. It’ll be interesting to see if Sledgehammer Games can rejuvenate the franchise later this year with the latest COD installment. Note that the same offer is also available for the pricier Deluxe Edition of the game.
Below we’ve listed all the big E3 game deals from GMG plus one that really stands out from GamesPlanet. At GamesPlanet Total War: Warhammer II is available for the price of £37.99, or only 5% off the £39.99 list price in the UK. All that said, the region restriction on Total War: Warhammer II is only for parts of Asia, meaning North American buyers can pick up a legit Steam key for about $48 or 20% off.
Must use coupon: E3OFFER at checkout.
- 08/31: Life Is Strange: Before The Storm (Steam) — $13.76 (list $17)
- 09/15: Dishonored: Death of the Outsider (Steam) — $23.75 (list $30)
- 09/28: FIFA 18 (Origin) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 09/28: Total War: Warhammer II (Steam) — $48.08 (list $60)
- 10/10: Middle-earth: Shadow of War (Steam) — $43.19 (list $60)
- 10/10: Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Silver Edition (Steam) — $57.59 (list $80)
- 10/10: Middle-earth: Shadow of War – Gold Edition (Steam) — $71.99 (list $100)
- 10/13: The Evil Within 2 (Steam) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 10/17: South Park: The Fractured But Whole (Uplay) — $43.19 (list $60)
- 10/17: South Park The Fractured But Whole Gold Edition (Uplay) — $64.79 (list $90)
- 10/27: Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus (Steam) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 10/27: Assassin’s Creed: Origins (Uplay) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 10/31: Fallout 4 VR (Steam) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 11/03: Call of Duty: WWII – Digital Deluxe (Steam) — $79.19 (list $100)
- 11/03: Call of Duty: WWII (Steam) — $47.51 (list $60)
- 11/16: Star Wars Battlefront II (Origin) — $47.51 (list $60)
- Q4 2017: DOOM VFR (Steam) — $23.75 (list $30)
The coupon code at GMG is set to run up to Friday, June 16 at 9AM Pacific. That isn’t a ton of time and GMG could retract the stacking 10% off coupon at any time or extend it through the weekend. Either way, if you’ve bought into the hype of E3 and need to pre-order games this is a way to do it on the cheap.