Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic studios announced in a press release today that Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy is available today on PC and will release on Xbox One and PlayStation 4 later this year. Neverwinter is a free-to-play MMO that features quick combat and breathtaking dungeons. Gamers explore the vast city of Neverwinter and its surrounding regions and learn the rich, mysterious history of this iconic city in the Forgotten Realms.
In Neverwinter: The Cloaked Ascendancy, the city is under attack by the Cloaked Ascendancy, a group of four mages that were torn from their tower during the Spellplague. Their great power is derived from the Far Realm and they seek to use it to claim the throne from Lord Neverember. Following the events of the Storm King’s Thunder, players find themselves returning to the city to mourn the loss of a great friend. When the mages interrupt the ceremony, adventurers set out to stop their nefarious plot.
The press release gave also gave additional details about what players can expect from this newest release.
- New Adventure Zone: Following its recent reclamation, The River District is quickly annexed by the Cloaked Ascendancy and serves as the setting for much of this new expansion.
- New Campaign: Drive the Cloaked Ascendancy from the River District to return it to its former glory and restore Neverwinter.
- Spellplague Caverns Dungeon: The culmination of The Cloaked Ascendancy, adventurers will experience the returning dungeon in an all-new epic version, as well as a leveling version.
- New Skirmish: “The Illusionist’s Gambit” presents an all-new highly dynamic challenge to adventurers where each attempt at the skirmish can be completely different than the last.
- New Artifact Weapons: Themed after the many locales players will explore in The Cloaked Ascendancy, these new weapons allow adventurers to harness the power of the Far Realm.
As mentioned above, PC players can jump right into the action today, and PS4 and Xbox One players can expect this newest entry later this year. Check out the launch trailer below!