Connect with us

Gaming

Rumours That Microsoft Bought Silent Hills False

blank

Published

on

silent-hills-may-not-be-cancelled-only-reworked

People will believe what they want to believe. At least, that’s what the recent uprising of rumours about Microsoft acquiring the Silent Hills IP from Konami would indicate. The rumours surfaced last week, saying that the two companies were in talks about the purchase of the property. Sadly, Microsoft’s Phil Spencer quashed the rumour on Twitter.

“Sorry, this isn’t true. Not sure where the rumor started but I don’t want to mislead anyone,” he said.

The internet is desperately clinging to any sliver of hope they can find that Silent Hills isn’t dead, but maybe this rumour being false isn’t such a bad thing. While the rumour was circulating, a lot of people were also getting up in arms about the idea of Silent Hills becoming an Xbox One exclusive.

The rumour was never that solid to begin with, anyway. The rumour was anonymous and claimed the game was 80% complete, which would have made Konami’s decision to toss it out pretty stupid. The rumour also said Microsoft was paying “billions” of dollars for the IP. Were we seriously supposed to believe that Microsoft was going to pay more for Silent Hills than Amazon did for Twitch?

Silent Hills was cancelled much to the dismay of millions of fans earlier this year. It was to be created by film maker Guillermo Del Toro in collaboration with Hideo Kojima. A playable teaser (PT) was released last year to widespread acclaim, bringing the hype for the full game up to a fever pitch. After the game was cancelled, PT was removed from the Playstation store and Konami said its future was in mobile-first gaming, presumably as in micro-transaction ridden, free-to-play time wasters that eventually get ported into cheap and shoddy PC games.

But it’s not all bad news. Konami are insisting they haven’t abandoned their popular franchises, such as Silent Hills or Metal Gear, and will get around to new titles for those in the future.

Rhiannon likes video games and she likes writing, so she decided to combine them. As well as writing about video games, she also belts out the occasional science fiction or fantasy story, edits videos, and eats strawberry oreos. In that order.

Gaming

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 Sets Dates for the Next Multiplayer Beta

blank

Published

on

blank

Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 is getting closer and closer, and Activision has announced when players will be able to get their hands on the next game. This means that there will be several chances to try it out before it comes out. If you paid a lot, you might be able to play for more than a week at the end of August and beginning of September.

Call of Duty Early Access will run from Friday, August 30th, to Wednesday, September 4th, as announced on its blog. This is two days after the Call of Duty Next showcase, which is set for August 28th. To play, you must have already bought Black Ops 6.

The open beta is the following weekend, and anyone who wants to can join. The fun will start on Friday, September 6th, and end on Monday, September 9th. The full release is set for October 25th of next month on PS5 and PS4.

How excited are you for the next Call of Duty game? Are you going to play Black Ops 6 in either the Early Access or Open Beta versions? Leave a comment below and let us know.

 

Continue Reading

Gaming

Ten million people play The First Descendant in its first week

blank

Published

on

blank

The free-to-play shooter The First Descendant has gotten a lot of attention in its first week. The game’s publisher, Nexon, says that 10 million people have already tried it out.

Insider Gaming pointed out that since there is no cost up front, it’s still too early to tell how many of those players will stick around, but it’s still a big number for a new IP. On Steam alone, it peaked at 264,860 concurrents right after launch and has still managed to break 200,000 in the last 24 hours, so it looks like a lot of people are still really into the game.

It was a “mindless and repetitive grind,” and we gave The First Descendant a 3/10 in our review. Of course, that’s just one opinion; other experts have had different ones. Most people, though, say that the game’s annoying free-to-play model is the worst thing about it.

Are you one of the millions of people who played The First Descendant last week? Are you going to come back for more? Leave a comment below and let us know.

 

Continue Reading

Gaming

Raiden, the famous shmup series, will come back as a twin-stick shooter on PS5, PS4, and PC

blank

Published

on

blank

Raiden has a long and interesting history as a vertical shooter in arcades. However, the series is going to get a Super Stardust HD makeover, which means it will switch to a twin-stick format. It comes out in Japan on October 31. There’s no word yet on when it will come out in the West, but we wouldn’t be surprised if it did.

A Gematsu translation of the game’s website says that the full version will have an arcade mode with up to six stages. There will also be an “Unlimited” option for people who want to be at the top of the rankings. It sounds like a pretty straightforward package in terms of what’s inside, but we think the action will be what makes it worth it.

There’s a trailer up top that should help you figure out what to expect. There are, however, different versions of Raiden 3, Raiden 4, and Raiden 5 that you can play right now on the PS5 and PS4, if you can’t wait for this game to come out in the West.

Continue Reading

Trending