The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition will feature a variety of new features and enhancements, according to CD Projekt Red. To be clear, this is the PS5 version that will be available on December 14. If you already own The Witcher 3 for the PS4, the upgrade will be free.
You can also view the “next-gen” trailer up top, which ought to get you excited for Geralt’s comeback.
Anyhow, we’ve taken note of every new detail that the developer mentioned while streaming gameplay. It sounds like a fairly substantial update.
- Overall superior visuals on PS5, comparable to Ultra graphics settings on a computer.
- A completely built-in photo mode
- A new camera position in the game that puts the camera over Geralt’s right shoulder and relatively close to him (similar to the camera in God of War Ragnarok)
- Performance (60 fps) and quality are the two graphics settings on the PS5.
- Complete support for the DualSense controller, including haptic feedback and adaptive triggers during gameplay
- New sign casting controls allow you to use signs in combat without opening the radial menu by holding down the trigger while pressing the sign’s associated face button.
- On the PS5, loading games and moving quickly takes much less time.
- There are now filters on the map that let you enable or disable specific icons.
- Small changes to the game’s balance and playability (to be fully detailed in upcoming patch notes)
- New controls for running and walking give you more control over Geralt’s pace of movement.
- Larger subtitles are available.
- Playable cutscenes can now be paused.
- Chinese voice acting and localization have been simplified
- Enhanced language localization for other languages
- Hybrid minimap option that causes the minimap to disappear after a predetermined period of time
- A fresh quest drawn from The Witcher on Netflix
- New weapons, armor, and accessories
- A different appearance for Dandelion
- Cross-platform cross-save and cross-progression
Prior to the release of the enhanced port, CD Projekt Red promises that even more information will be released over the upcoming weeks. We’ll be sure to post those as soon as they go live because this will include complete patch notes.