Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines is a great game, at least for the most part. It has an amazing story, well-realized mechanics, and good gameplay, but the game quickly falls apart when you realize it was rushed out the door in a buggy, incomplete state. Many gamers claim it’s literally impossible to finish Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines without a fan patch due to game-breaking bugs, and fans continue to make these patches more than a decade after the game was released.
The latest fan patch for Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines was released less than a week ago on MODDB. This patch, known as the VTMB Unofficial Patch 9.9, includes a lot of changes and improvements, which include:
- Provided shortcuts to skip most endgame fighting, see walkthrough.
- Added beheading blood and restored props to Chateau and junkyard.
- Improved rotate camera movement setup and SDK, thanks to Psycho-A.
- Restored Vision of Death and Suicide damages and Aggravated Soak.
- Added door trap to warrens shortcut and improved museum fire exit.
- Fixed casting hands, feeding histories and Pearl of Dubai effect.
- Restored Yukie animations, missing ambient schemes and Chang jump.
- Fixed bugs with Trip’s drug and Gary’s fleshy ball poster quests.
- Improved title menu and character sheet clan symbols, thanks IanW.
- Fixed Hannah’s appointment book date and more minor text details.
- Restored basic pistol ammos and fixed tutorial bug, thanks Malkav.
- Hid map bugs in SM hubs, clinic, museum,Society, and Luckee Star.
- Fixed blueblood, Bertram and Yukie dialogues and some map details.
- Corrected hand and sound in Nines intro cutscene, thanks DLLullu.
The patch’s page describes Patch 9.9 as “not really a mod, but while the default basi patch mostly only fixes bugs, the optional plus patch, that can be choosen at installation, is like a restoration mod adding a lot of unfinished content, including new quests, maps, weapons, items, characters, dialogue, graphics, models, sounds and music!” Given the state Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines was released in, these patches come highly recommended by most players, especially for gamers who want the definitive experience and want to witness what gamers should have received instead of what they actually got.