We don’t know a whole ton about the HTC 11, but recent leaks give us a look into the specifications and an idea of the design, so it’s time for consumers to start thinking about whether or not it makes sense to upgrade. We took a look at the information available and will try to give you a sense on whether this new entry is a purchase or a pass.
Latest HTC 11 News
First we’ll look at the basics of what we know so far about the HTC 11.
- Suspected Release Date – Mid to Late 2017
- What’s new? – SD835 Chip and Android Nougat
- Cost – $690 (estimate)
When Can We Expect the HTC 11?
As mentioned above it’s probably going to be mid to late 2017 before we see this newest model. It was suspected that we’d see the phone in the next few months, but at the Mobile World Congress, HTC simply announced an upgraded version of their current phone. New models of mobile devices often coincide with new chips, and with Qualcomm’s latest Snapdragon 385 chip it’s likely we’ll see new flagships from a lot of companies this year.
Because of this new chip and the fact that there was no announcement of the HTC 11 at the Mobile World Congress, we’re anticipating that the phone will likely release mid to late 2017. That’s a decent amount of time from now, and with other high-end offerings from Samsung and Apple just around the corner you might be hard pressed to wait on this upgrade. HTC’s president of Smartphones and Connected Devices, Chialin Chan, spoke to Tbreak and confirmed that they’re just waiting for the right technology.
“Every time there is a brand new CPU with power that we can leverage, we’re always at the forefront doing that,” he explained. “Some people are talking about the timing, but timing was determined nine months ago. This [the Snapdragon 821 inside the HTC Ultra U] is the best CPU out there. When the next flagship CPU comes, HTC will be one of the very first tier doing that.”
“When we will look back, it will be clear why HTC introduced [the Ultra phones]. We want to have a couple of months of leadership before the next flagship CPU comes,” he continued, adding: “But that will be in another period of time – not at MWC. Not for us or any other player, I can tell you that for sure. When the new CPU comes, HTC will have another flagship.”
This interview means that it’s likely we’ll see the HTC 11 sometime this year.
HTC 11 Features
Now into what really matters. What features does HTC’s upcoming flagship have that warrants an upgrade over the HTC 10? Let’s take a look at what we know, courtesy of Trustedreviews:
- 5.5-inch screen
- QHD display resolution
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 processor
- Quick Charge 4.0
- 8GB RAM
- 256GB storage
- 12-megapixel dual primary camera
- 8-megapixel selfie camera
- 3,700mAh battery
The featured image is a alleged photo of the upcoming phone and we’ve also reposted it below.
HTC 11 Rumors and Leaks
The main source of speculation about the HTC 11 comes from well-known gadget leaker Evan Blass, who confirms reports about a mysterious handset called the HTC Ocean
The HTC Ocean was leaked by a designer at HTC and was originally a concept that featured ‘Sense Touch’ that allowed users to perform functions by swiping or tapping the edge. Whether this HTC Ocean concept will translate into the HTC 11 is yet to be seen. Considering that they haven’t released a flagship this year and the phone is likely in development, it’s likely we’ll see these features included.
Another leak from Weibo suggests that we’ll see the HTC 11 featuring a 5.5-inch display with a fairly standard QHD resolution – that’s 1,440 x 2,560 pixels. According to the leak we can also expect a 12 megapixel camera on the back of the phone with an 8 megapixel camera on the front.
As we gleaned from the interview with HTC’s president of phones, and from looking at past entries, it’s very likely the phone will include the new Snapdragon 835 chip which is 27% faster than their last chip. That improvement alone might be worth the upgrade from the HTC 10, but is unlikely to set the HTC 11 apart in a field of phones that are boasting the same chips with similar or superior specs.
It’s possible we’ll see the HTC 11 running on Android 7.0, but just a few days ago Google announced the introduction of developer testing for Android O. Android N, the previous developer release, eventually became Nougat. So with this new release of developer tools for the upcoming software upgrade it’s definitely possible that we’ll see the HTC 11 running on Android 8.0.
The jury’s still out on whether or not this phone will be worth the wait. There’s certainly some exciting entries coming out from competitors in the coming months, so I’d really only recommend that diehard HTC fans hold on for a release. From what I can tell from what we know, there’s nothing particularly revolutionary about the HTC 11. Sure, it’s probably going to be a great phone, but probably not a reason to avoid upgrading to another manufacturer’s current model.
Techland Drops the Zombie Game to Focus on the Upcoming Open World Fantasy Epic
Next up for developer Techland is a big, story-driven fantasy epic. Techland is arguably best known for its popular Dying Light series of open world action role-playing games.
Dying Light 2 was fairly good, with its major issues being that it was extremely hyped up and had a protracted and difficult production cycle. Unfortunately, we don’t have much more information than the image above.
The Polish studio has hired some impressive professionals, including programmers with backgrounds at CD Projekt Red, Ubisoft, and Guerilla Games. The narrative lead on both The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was Karolina Strachya, who is kind of a big deal.
We never stop improving!
Our newest game is set to be a narrative-driven #fantasy epic with an exotic open world ready to be explored. We strive to create a compelling story-focused #AAA title that combines and refines the best aspects of gameplay that Techland is known for. pic.twitter.com/SuJ8vVWbrI
— Techland (@TechlandGames) March 16, 2023
What do you think of this new strategy for Techland the developer?
Project Astrid is involved, according to Splash Damage Streamers, Shroud, and Sacriel
Project Astrid, allegedly a AAA open-world survival game being created in collaboration with streamers and content makers Mike “Shroud” Grzesiek and Chris “Sacriel” Ball, has been teased by UK company Splash Damage. Since the beginning of the project, both have been involved.
Project Astrid is not much more than a mystery. We shouldn’t anticipate witnessing gameplay any time soon because it is still in the preproduction stage. According to Project Astrid’s creative director, Lance Winter, “Sacriel and Shroud are important members of our development team. They bring a distinct and new viewpoint with them. Also, they’re giving us brand-new perceptions of what gamers and game designers want in real life. These are the authorities in this field.
As Splash Damage has been developing multiplayer shooters for more than 20 years and has produced games like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, a collaboration with Shroud and Sacriel may certainly result in some intriguing results.
What do you think of the Project Astrid announcement from Splash Damage and the connections to Streamers, Shroud, and Sacriel?
Wo Long: Full Patch Notes for Fallen Dynasty Version 1.04 Are Now Released
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, an excellent action role-playing game, has received a new patch. It will just take a minute to download and install on a PS5, but it contains a number of tweaks and problem fixes.
A few tiny adjustments to a few features should make things run a little bit more smoothly. The best example is that arrows, projectiles, and consumables will now automatically restock from the store whenever you get close to a Battle Flag.You can now switch locks on during several animation sequences, access the travel screen after winning battles, and more thanks to the patch.
Also, a long list of bug fixes should make the game more enjoyable for those who are affected, and certain balancing adjustments have been made to modify the difficulty in specific regions. The following patch notes show what an extensive patch it is:
- Added a feature that automatically restock arrows/projectiles and consumable items from the storehouse upon accessing a Battle Flag.
- Made it possible for players to switch lock-on to another target during the animation sequence for Fatal Strikes, deflects (in response to an enemy’s Critical Blow), and Divine Beasts Summons.
- Made it possible for players to open the Travel screen from the screen that appears after clearing a battlefield (except for main battlefields cleared for the first time), and then select which battlefield they would like to go to next.
- Added the option to return to the briefing screen before starting Co-op and the option to try the same battlefield again, to the screen that appears after completing a Co-op session.
- Changed the player’s Morale Rank to 20 while at the base, the hidden village.
- Made the following adjustments to the difficulty of the sub battlefield “The Tiger’s Loyal Subjects”:
- Adjustments to the AI
- Adjustments to damage taken from Critical Blows, the parameters for the increase/decrease of Spirit, etc.
- Upward adjustment of the Morale Points acquired by players
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter areas outside of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to become stuck (in the ground/surrounding objects) in certain locations in some stages, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused the enemies in some stages to be pushed out of the stage, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused guest players in Recruit to become unable to progress upon entering a certain house in the sub battlefield “The Lost Sacred Artifact” until the host player opened the door.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to exchange items with a Shitieshou every time the player resumes the game from a Battle Flag in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”
- Fixed a bug that occurred during the battle against Zhang Liang in the main battlefield “Village of Calamity” where, if the player went into Spirit Disruption right when they defeated Zhang Liang’s first form, they would remain in Spirit Disruption at the start of the battle against his second form.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Spirit Disruption of “Embodiment of Demonic Qi” to last longer.
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible for the player to proceed if they summoned the Divine Beast Yinglong right as they died.
- Fixed a bug in which the magnitudes of special effects on emptied embedment slots would sometimes change when loading save data.
- Fixed a bug that prevented embedment on locked equipment.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes provide fewer embedment slots than there should have been on battlefield clear rewards and accessories in the “Path of the Rising Dragon” difficulty level.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to sell equipment registered to favorites.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the special effect Set Bonus Requirement Mitigation to accumulate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to skip cutscenes upon using certain controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the number of arrows/projectiles in the player’s inventory to duplicate under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it impossible for the player to obtain some trophies/achievements.
Note: After the update is applied, these trophies/achievements can be obtained by clearing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from saving the parameters for the Upper Lip Edge Thickness and the Lower Lip Edge Thickness after selecting Save in Character Creation.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
- Gadgets8 years ago
Why the Nexus 7 is still a good tablet in 2015
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Galaxy Note 5: is there room for improvement?
- Editorials8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – How bad updates prevent people from enjoying their phones
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 5 2015 and Android M born to be together
- Gaming8 years ago
New Teaser For Five Nights At Freddy’s 4
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Google not releasing Android M to Nexus 7
- Gadgets8 years ago
Moto G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop still has a memory leak bug
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 7 2015: Huawei and Google changing the game