Galaxy Tab A announced instead of Galaxy Tab 5
Yesterday we reported that TENAA, the Chinese certification authority, has published specs and images for the alleged Galaxy Tab 5 tablet line-up from Samsung. It turns out that those were not the Galaxy Tab 5 specs, rather an entirely new Galaxy Tab line-up, namely the Galaxy Tab A. Samsung Canada announced today that they would be starting sale of the new Galaxy Tab A tablet line-up which is targeted at families and is supposed to be a budget friendly option.
Since Samsung’s new Galaxy Tab A is focused at entertainment and acts as a family solution, you would expect large screens which can be used by all the family with high resolution for optimal media viewing. Instead, the specs that we thought were inferior for the Galaxy Tab 5 yesterday are actually spot-on the specs for the new Galaxy Tab A brothers. According to the press released, the Galaxy Tab A will be available in wo different variants, as predicted: one 8 inch variant and one larger 9.7 inch variant. The 8 inch Galaxy Tab A will be available in either white or titanium color schemes and will come with a 1024*768 resolution TFT display, which is way less than you would expect for a media viewing and entertainment oriented tablet. It’s supposed to be a compact tablet fit for family use, although it might be more appropriate for social media than videos with that resolution.
The larger 9.7 inch Galaxy Tav A comes with a few extra benefits, but it actually has an ever worse ppi pixel density as it has the same resolution as the 8 inch version. The added feature for the larger Galaxy Tab A is the S-Pen Stylus, otherwise it comes with the same specs and color schemes as the smaller slate. The hardware specs for these two tablets coincide, the only differences being size, display size and battery size. In terms of hardware, both seem like pretty solid slates compared to the competition, which acts like a plus for them.
Both versions of the Galaxy Tab A come with 1.2 GHz quad core processors and 16 GB internal memory, but the larger variant has 2 GB RAM while the 8 inch Galaxy Tab A comes with only 1.5 GB RAM. Both slates support microSD cards up to 128 GB in size, which plays into the media-oriented nature of the devices. Further on, they both run Android 5.0 Lollipop with a slew of Microsoft apps included, which is once again a plus for the tablets in my opinion. The cameras measure 5 MP on the rear and 2 MP on the front, which sound pretty neat, although they are definitely not top-notch.
Samsung promises 13 hours of autonomy with Wi-Fi and 12 hours of continuous video playback on the 8 inch Galaxy Tab A which has a 4200 mAh battery and 15 hours of autonomy with Wi-Fi and 14 hours of continuous video playback on the 9.7 inch Galaxy Tab A which has a larger 6000 mAh battery incorporated. Both these tablets are already available in the Samsung store, but pricing has not been disclosed yet. The press release says that sales should open up today and we will update this post with pricing information as soon as that happens.
Techland Drops the Zombie Game to Focus on the Upcoming Open World Fantasy Epic
Next up for developer Techland is a big, story-driven fantasy epic. Techland is arguably best known for its popular Dying Light series of open world action role-playing games.
Dying Light 2 was fairly good, with its major issues being that it was extremely hyped up and had a protracted and difficult production cycle. Unfortunately, we don’t have much more information than the image above.
The Polish studio has hired some impressive professionals, including programmers with backgrounds at CD Projekt Red, Ubisoft, and Guerilla Games. The narrative lead on both The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings and The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt was Karolina Strachya, who is kind of a big deal.
We never stop improving!
Our newest game is set to be a narrative-driven #fantasy epic with an exotic open world ready to be explored. We strive to create a compelling story-focused #AAA title that combines and refines the best aspects of gameplay that Techland is known for. pic.twitter.com/SuJ8vVWbrI
— Techland (@TechlandGames) March 16, 2023
What do you think of this new strategy for Techland the developer?
Project Astrid is involved, according to Splash Damage Streamers, Shroud, and Sacriel
Project Astrid, allegedly a AAA open-world survival game being created in collaboration with streamers and content makers Mike “Shroud” Grzesiek and Chris “Sacriel” Ball, has been teased by UK company Splash Damage. Since the beginning of the project, both have been involved.
Project Astrid is not much more than a mystery. We shouldn’t anticipate witnessing gameplay any time soon because it is still in the preproduction stage. According to Project Astrid’s creative director, Lance Winter, “Sacriel and Shroud are important members of our development team. They bring a distinct and new viewpoint with them. Also, they’re giving us brand-new perceptions of what gamers and game designers want in real life. These are the authorities in this field.
As Splash Damage has been developing multiplayer shooters for more than 20 years and has produced games like Enemy Territory: Quake Wars and Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, a collaboration with Shroud and Sacriel may certainly result in some intriguing results.
What do you think of the Project Astrid announcement from Splash Damage and the connections to Streamers, Shroud, and Sacriel?
Wo Long: Full Patch Notes for Fallen Dynasty Version 1.04 Are Now Released
Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty, an excellent action role-playing game, has received a new patch. It will just take a minute to download and install on a PS5, but it contains a number of tweaks and problem fixes.
A few tiny adjustments to a few features should make things run a little bit more smoothly. The best example is that arrows, projectiles, and consumables will now automatically restock from the store whenever you get close to a Battle Flag.You can now switch locks on during several animation sequences, access the travel screen after winning battles, and more thanks to the patch.
Also, a long list of bug fixes should make the game more enjoyable for those who are affected, and certain balancing adjustments have been made to modify the difficulty in specific regions. The following patch notes show what an extensive patch it is:
- Added a feature that automatically restock arrows/projectiles and consumable items from the storehouse upon accessing a Battle Flag.
- Made it possible for players to switch lock-on to another target during the animation sequence for Fatal Strikes, deflects (in response to an enemy’s Critical Blow), and Divine Beasts Summons.
- Made it possible for players to open the Travel screen from the screen that appears after clearing a battlefield (except for main battlefields cleared for the first time), and then select which battlefield they would like to go to next.
- Added the option to return to the briefing screen before starting Co-op and the option to try the same battlefield again, to the screen that appears after completing a Co-op session.
- Changed the player’s Morale Rank to 20 while at the base, the hidden village.
- Made the following adjustments to the difficulty of the sub battlefield “The Tiger’s Loyal Subjects”:
- Adjustments to the AI
- Adjustments to damage taken from Critical Blows, the parameters for the increase/decrease of Spirit, etc.
- Upward adjustment of the Morale Points acquired by players
Major Bug Fixes
- Fixed crash-prone situations that occurred in certain environments.
- Fixed a bug that allowed players to enter areas outside of the current stage from certain locations in some stages.
- Fixed a bug that caused characters to become stuck (in the ground/surrounding objects) in certain locations in some stages, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused the enemies in some stages to be pushed out of the stage, making it impossible for players to progress.
- Fixed a bug that caused guest players in Recruit to become unable to progress upon entering a certain house in the sub battlefield “The Lost Sacred Artifact” until the host player opened the door.
- Fixed a bug that made it possible to exchange items with a Shitieshou every time the player resumes the game from a Battle Flag in the sub battlefield “Fate of the Entertainer.”
- Fixed a bug that occurred during the battle against Zhang Liang in the main battlefield “Village of Calamity” where, if the player went into Spirit Disruption right when they defeated Zhang Liang’s first form, they would remain in Spirit Disruption at the start of the battle against his second form.
- Fixed a bug that caused the Spirit Disruption of “Embodiment of Demonic Qi” to last longer.
- Fixed a bug that could make it impossible for the player to proceed if they summoned the Divine Beast Yinglong right as they died.
- Fixed a bug in which the magnitudes of special effects on emptied embedment slots would sometimes change when loading save data.
- Fixed a bug that prevented embedment on locked equipment.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes provide fewer embedment slots than there should have been on battlefield clear rewards and accessories in the “Path of the Rising Dragon” difficulty level.
- Fixed a bug that allowed users to sell equipment registered to favorites.
- Fixed a bug that caused the effects of the special effect Set Bonus Requirement Mitigation to accumulate.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from being able to skip cutscenes upon using certain controls.
- Fixed a bug that caused the number of arrows/projectiles in the player’s inventory to duplicate under certain conditions.
- Fixed a bug that would sometimes make it impossible for the player to obtain some trophies/achievements.
Note: After the update is applied, these trophies/achievements can be obtained by clearing any of the main or sub battlefields.
- Fixed a bug that prevented players from saving the parameters for the Upper Lip Edge Thickness and the Lower Lip Edge Thickness after selecting Save in Character Creation.
- Fixed other minor bugs.
- Gadgets8 years ago
Why the Nexus 7 is still a good tablet in 2015
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Galaxy Note 5: is there room for improvement?
- Editorials8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – How bad updates prevent people from enjoying their phones
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 5 2015 and Android M born to be together
- Gaming8 years ago
New Teaser For Five Nights At Freddy’s 4
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Google not releasing Android M to Nexus 7
- Gadgets8 years ago
Moto G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop still has a memory leak bug
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 7 2015: Huawei and Google changing the game