Could Service be the New Big Driver of Console Choice?
Now almost a year into the 9th console generation and the fight between the major manufacturers is just as pronounced as it’s even been. Each system wants your money, each tries to do something different, and each claims that their device is the superior choice. While many aspects of this fight play out as they always have, the last few generations have been increasingly leaning into something different – the importance of service. Looking at what these consoles attempt, we want to explore the forms these services take, and why these elements could provide the most important point of consideration for new console owners.
A Move Away from Multiplatforms
For generations, selling consoles was almost entirely based on certain console exclusives. Microsoft had Halo and Gears, Sony had anything from Gran Turismo and The Last of Us, and Nintendo had all of its first and second-party titles to carry them through. Over time, however, players would place less emphasis solely on the games, and more on how the infrastructure surrounding these systems evolved. This move was aided by many of the largest series like COD and Assassins Creed fully embracing multiplatform availability, giving players more choice in what was essentially the same experience.
“Assassins Creed: Revelations” (CC BY 2.0) by JBLivin
To better illustrate this idea in action, we could turn to another digital industry, that of online casino gaming. In this industry, almost all games are shared across multiple casinos, meaning that to get ahead, the service needs to offer something special. As noted by Shallyn Goodhead of bonus.ca, this is achieved on major website Rizk through offering a unique design bolstered by a massive overall game library, special features, mobile accessibility, and more. In practical terms, this is the same approach now taken by consoles.
Achieving Player Investments
With the 9th gen, each of the big three has taken similar steps in promoting their devices, the most profound efforts of which revolve around their online subscription systems. As noted by theverge.com, PlayStation, Xbox, and Nintendo all offer a paid monthly subscription service which, while optional, is an enormous driver of player interest.
At their core, the subscriptions of these platforms have become necessary due to the simple fact that online play is unavailable without them. However, online accessibility only scratches the surface of what console subscriptions services contribute to the overall ecosystem. The most famed of these included features is undoubtedly the availability of the rotation of free games, listed at metacritic.com. As the playability of these games is tied to an active subscription, users are encouraged to keep their membership active.
From here, each system builds on its online community features through chat tools, social media integrations, video sharing functionality, and much more. In this way, systems become more than just a way to play games, they act as a way to share in a cooperative and communicative experience directly, without the need for outside PC access.
“DSC_6395” (CC BY 2.0) by yoppy
Looking at these developments in their totality, it’s perhaps no surprise that fans are more dedicated to their platform than ever. It’s about collecting and maintaining a library of titles, building up your profile and community, and spending time with other like-minded gamers. In other words, on the grandest scale, it’s the service that can make the biggest difference, even if we underestimate its influence at first. The only real question left is how this might affect systems in the long term, and if there’ll ever be cooperation on a community level that approaches the recent progress made by crossplay.
8 Effective Ways to Cut Energy Costs During Summer
As the temperature rises during the summer months, so does our energy consumption. Air conditioners, fans, and other cooling systems work hard to keep us comfortable, but they can also lead to skyrocketing energy bills. However, with a few smart strategies and adjustments to your daily routine, you can significantly reduce your energy costs without sacrificing your comfort. In this article, we will explore eight effective ways to cut energy costs during the summer season.
Utilize Natural Ventilation:
- Make the most of cooler evenings and early mornings by turning off your air conditioner and opening windows and doors to allow fresh air to circulate through your home. Consider using window fans or installing attic fans to draw in the cooler air and expel warm air. By relying on natural ventilation, you can reduce your reliance on energy-consuming cooling systems.
Optimize Your Thermostat Settings:
- Set your thermostat to a higher temperature when you are away from home or during the night when you’re sleeping. A recommended temperature is around 78°F (25.5°C) for a balance between comfort and energy efficiency. Consider using a programmable or smart thermostat to automate temperature adjustments, ensuring optimal energy savings without compromising your comfort suggest Corgihomeplan.co.uk.
Take Advantage of Shade:
- Direct sunlight can significantly increase the temperature inside your home. Utilize window coverings, such as blinds, shades, or curtains, to block out the sun’s rays during the hottest parts of the day. Additionally, consider installing outdoor shading devices, such as awnings or pergolas, to prevent direct sunlight from entering your windows and heating up your living space.
- Proper insulation is essential to keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter. Inspect your doors, windows, and walls for any leaks or gaps that can let in warm air. Seal these areas with weatherstripping or caulk to prevent cool air from escaping and warm air from entering. Adequate insulation not only helps cut energy costs but also improves overall energy efficiency.
Use Energy-Efficient Appliances and Lighting:
- Upgrade to energy-efficient appliances and lighting fixtures to reduce your overall energy consumption. Look for appliances with the ENERGY STAR label, as they meet strict energy efficiency guidelines. Similarly, replace traditional incandescent bulbs with energy-saving LED lights, which consume less energy and emit less heat. These small changes can make a big difference in reducing your energy bills.
Practice Smart Cooling Habits:
- Instead of solely relying on air conditioning, adopt smart cooling habits to stay comfortable. Use ceiling fans or portable fans to create a cooling breeze, as they consume significantly less energy than air conditioners. Additionally, dress appropriately for the weather, opting for lightweight and breathable clothing, and stay hydrated to help regulate your body temperature naturally.
Maintain and Clean Your Cooling Systems:
- Regular maintenance of your cooling systems is crucial to ensure they operate efficiently. Clean or replace air filters regularly, as dirty filters obstruct airflow and make your system work harder. Schedule professional maintenance at the beginning of the summer season to inspect and tune up your air conditioning unit. Properly maintained systems operate more efficiently and consume less energy.
Unplug Electronics and Appliances:
- Many electronic devices and appliances continue to consume energy even when they’re not in use. Unplug chargers, gaming consoles, televisions, and other devices when you’re not actively using them. Consider using power strips or smart power plugs that allow you to turn off multiple devices with a single switch, ensuring they’re not drawing power in standby mode.
With these eight effective ways to cut energy costs during the summer, you can enjoy a cool and comfortable living space without the burden of exorbitant energy bills. Implementing these energy-saving strategies not only helps
Industry and Service
Best Practices for Using Composite IBC Totes
According to the International Organization for Standardization (IOS), totes are classified into two categories. Let us take a closer look:
First, there are intermediate bulk container (IBC) totes that are described as rigid. These are often made from metal, wood, or fiberboard. They are designed as a single unit and do not call for additional support when they are filled up.
Then there is the composite kind. These are made up of a cage that supports and protects the inner lining when weight is added. As a result, the lining and the cage work in tandem as one unit.
In this read, we are going to dive into the gist of things and explore practices that you should implement when it comes to using your 330 reconditioned IBC totes. Keep in mind that these are general requirements and you should seek specific advice from your supplier as your needs may be different.
-If you intend to store products meant for human use, ensure the totes are food grade. This helps ascertain harmful interactions or reactions do not happen during transportation or storage.
-When handling items with extremely low flashpoints, store them in totes that are explosion-proof. Some materials, however, will need permeation barriers to prevent them from diffusing through the lining.
-In regards to hazmat transit, the container’s material as well as filling material compatibility should undergo thorough testing. These tests, however, can differ between European and American regions. They are put into place to determine the best material to use for your situation and so, is imperative to allocate enough time for comprehensive testing.
The Best Practices for Filling & Handling/Shipping IBC Totes
In order to fill a tote, the following three things should be done:
-Close the outlet valve
-During filling, the process should be performed at atmospheric pressure, and shouldn’t go beyond 70ºC/158ºF. Therefore, the tote should not be pressurized.
-During the cooling stage, the receptacle should be vented. This is to prevent vacuum deformation from occurring. Once this is done, ensure the cap is screwed in tightly.
- Handling or Shipping
-The totes should be well-secured to make sure no damage occurs during transit
-Never use tie ropes on the totes with the intention of moving them this way.
-If you are using a pallet jack or a forklift to handle the IBC totes, the forks should reach the pallets’ entire length.
- Storage or Stacking
-Prior to stacking, it is imperative to identify the plate for stack testing. This helps determine whether the IBC totes are stackable.
-Always put nesting into consideration. It means arranging the totes in a way that they fit closely together. An effective way to do this is by using a two on two configuration.
-During transportation, the stack should not go beyond two layers
-When emptying a tote, only do it through the lower outlet valve.
-Open the top before emptying to avoid a vacuum collapse
-If you are emptying through a pipe or a pump, make sure that it is supported and does not rely on the cage. If you use the cage to support the pump or pipe, the vibrations are likely to cause damage to the cage.
These are some of the general practices when handling composite IBC totes. It is also important to note that these practices are just the tip of the iceberg. As such, we recommend forming a relationship with a supplier that has been in the field for years to ensure that you always make informed decisions.
Comfort and Durability Combined: A Review of Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs
Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs are a type of footwear that has gained popularity in recent years. These shoes have become increasingly popular due to their comfort, durability, and unique design. In this review, we will discuss the various features of the Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs, including their comfort, design, and durability.
Comfort One of the most notable features of Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs is their comfort. These shoes are made from a lightweight and flexible material called Croslite, which is a type of closed-cell resin. This material conforms to the shape of your feet, providing a custom fit that feels like you’re walking on air. The Croslite material is also odor-resistant, making these shoes a great choice for people who spend a lot of time on their feet.
In addition to their comfortable material, Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs also have a unique design that promotes comfort. The shoes feature a roomy, spacious toe box that allows your toes to move freely. The shoes also have a contoured footbed that provides arch support and helps to reduce pressure on your feet.
Another factor that contributes to the comfort of these shoes is their slip-on design. Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs do not have laces or straps, so you can easily slip them on and off without having to worry about adjusting them or tying them up. This makes them a great choice for people who are always on the go and need a pair of shoes that they can easily slip on and off.
Design Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs have a distinctive design that sets them apart from other types of footwear. The shoes feature a slip-on design with a rounded toe and a closed heel. The shoes also have ventilation holes on the top and sides, which help to keep your feet cool and dry.
One of the things that many people love about Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs is their variety of colors and designs. These shoes come in a wide range of colors, from classic black and white to bright, eye-catching hues like neon green and hot pink. There are also designs that feature patterns or graphics, such as polka dots or cartoon characters.
Durability Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs are known for their durability. The shoes are made from a tough, water-resistant material that is designed to withstand daily wear and tear. The shoes are also easy to clean, so you can quickly wipe them down if they get dirty.
Another factor that contributes to the durability of Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs is their slip-resistant sole. The shoes have a non-marking sole that provides excellent traction, even on wet or slippery surfaces. This makes them a great choice for people who work in environments where slip-resistant footwear is required.
One of the reasons why Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs are so durable is because they are designed to last. The shoes are made with high-quality materials and are built to withstand the demands of everyday wear. They are also backed by a one-year warranty, which gives you peace of mind knowing that you are investing in a quality product.
Pros There are many benefits to wearing Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs. Here are some of the pros of these shoes:
- Comfortable: These shoes are made from a lightweight and flexible material that conforms to the shape of your feet, providing a custom fit that feels like you’re walking on air.
- Durable: Crocs Unisex-Adult Classic Clogs are made from a tough, water-resistant material that is designed to withstand daily wear and tear.
- Slip-resistant: The shoes have a non-marking sole that provides excellent traction, even on wet or slippery surfaces.
Cons – Design
Get it now at an incredible price at $33 only from 49.99 regular price
- Gadgets8 years ago
Why the Nexus 7 is still a good tablet in 2015
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Galaxy Note 5: is there room for improvement?
- Editorials8 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – How bad updates prevent people from enjoying their phones
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 5 2015 and Android M born to be together
- Gaming8 years ago
New Teaser For Five Nights At Freddy’s 4
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Google not releasing Android M to Nexus 7
- Gadgets8 years ago
Moto G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop still has a memory leak bug
- Mobile Devices8 years ago
Nexus 7 2015: Huawei and Google changing the game