Yooka-Laylee released several months ago and was touted as the spiritual successor to Banjo-Kazooie. Fans and critics loved the game for the most part but had several complaints, especially with the camera and character voices (playfully referred to as “gibberish”). The devs at Playtonic promised to fix these issues and followed through with that promise earlier today with a patch for the PC version of Yooka-Laylee.
Most of the fixes included in the patch focus on the fan criticism of the initial release of Yooka-Laylee. These changes include a new camera mode, optional shorter voice clips, the ability to speed up dialogue and skip cutscenes, improved controls, and better optimization. Furthermore, the patch corrects numerous bugs, crashes, graphical hiccups, and localization problems gamers ran into while playing Yooka-Laylee. The following is a complete list of all the changes, copied word for word from the update page:
THE YOOKA-LAYLEE SPIT ‘N’ POLISH UPDATE
- New music added to the pause menu
- New optional camera mode added with minimal assist
- Pagies have added signposts to Hivory Towers to help guide players to new worlds
- Design tweaks to all arcade games Improved speed when scrolling through Totals Menu
- New option for shorter ‘gibberish’ voice sound FX
- New speech volume option
- New ability to speed through dialogue by holding Y
- Cut-scenes can now be skipped with Y
- New moves section added to pause menu, with image guide
- Camera design improvements throughout game (less scripted cameras, door cams now appear behind player etc)
- Restart option added in the pause menu during arcade games and Kartos challenges
- ‘Sonar-able’ objects now have clearer visual identity
- Laser move no longer requires player to crouch
- Minecart control improvements and new visual effects
- Transformation control improvements
- Improved first-person aiming controls
- New first-person aiming control options added
- Improved flying controls
- When transformed, collecting butterflies now restores energy
- Hunter tonic now tracks the last 30 Quills and Casino Tokens, in addition to the Health and Power Extenders. It will also whistle at the location of the closest rare collectable.
- Health UI is now always visible when low
- Design tweaks in various areas (Black Hole in One, Gloomy Gem Grotto etc)
- New icons added for keyboard/mouse controls
- Arcade games now support per player control settings, such as vibration, inverted aim and sensitivity
- Improved Rampo boss fight
- Added PC Display Settings to the in-game pause menu
- Performance improvements
- Audio improvements
BUG FIX HIGHLIGHTS
- Fixed an issue where Pagies would not be saved if the player exchanged Casino Tokens and then closed the game.
- Fixed an issue where the main environment in Capital Cashino would sometimes disappear when retrying the Knights of Hamalot challenge.
- Fixed an issue where the game would sometimes crash when closing in exclusive mode.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not reset if they flew off screen in the Up ‘n’ Nova arcade game.
- Fixed an issue where players would sometimes not be able to move forward in Up ‘n’ Nova after colliding with a Corplet Drone.
- The ‘delete’ option for save games is now localised when running the game in Russian.
- Fixed an issue where a floating bridge would occasionally appear in Shipwreck Creek.
- Fixed an issue where Yooka’s tongue would sometimes disappear when attached to Space Plumbing pipes.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to avoid the death trigger when squashed in Moodymaze Marsh’s maze challenge.
- Fixed a geometry gap in Capital Cashino which the player could fall through.
- Fixed an issue where electricity SFX in Power Grid could be heard in incorrect places.
- Fixed an issue where unlocking a Tonic during the Capital Cashino Knights of Hamalot challenge would sometimes lead to a fail.
- Fixed an issue where keyboard controls would not work for secondary players in multiplayer Arcade games.
- Fixed an issue where the player was sometimes unable to use the first switch in Murky Passage on Mac.
- Fixed an issue where the Up N’ Nova Arcade game’s controls would sometimes change slightly when playing for the second time.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to become stuck in the Sonar Course in Captial Cashino if the player didn’t have Lizard Leap.
- Arcade game menus now list all inputs used for movement when playing with keyboard/mouse.
- Fixed an issue where the player would receive damage when attempting to go into the first laser in the Capital Cashino vault whilst invisible.
- Fixed an issue where the player would permanently slide if stood in a small gap between two rocks at the base of the lighthouse in Galleon Galaxy.
- Fixed an issue where failing any Knights of Hamalot challenge and declining to retry would leave the target circle visible in the world.
- Fixed an issue where Snowmen would speak as if they were missing their hats despite completing the challenge after re-entering Glitterglaze Glacier.
- Fixed an issue where the player would remain in the death state after respawning from failing the moving maze challenge in Moodymaze Marsh.
- Fixed an issue where it was possible to press the first switch in Murky Passage without actually being on it.
- The save icon is now correctly displayed after selecting either Return To Hub or Save And Quit.
- Fixed an issue where the player would enter their fall animation when standing in a specific area of Capital Cashino’s vault room.
- Fixed an issue where dying as you hit the last target in Duke’s target challenge would sometimes softlock the game.
- Fixed an issue where dying in the first room of the Icymetric Palace maze would cause the player to spawn behind the entrance.
- Fixed an incorrect German translation during Rampo’s challenge.
- Fixed an issue where Steam controllers would not function properly on OSX.
- Fixed an issue where some of the flashing crystals in Crystalline Cave lost their colliders when the challenge was completed.
- Fixed an issue where dying during the Moodymaze Marsh maze challenge would sometimes prevent the player from being able to use the Grand Tome to exit the world.
- Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to use the Steam controller again after disconnecting or reconnecting during gameplay.
- Fixed an issue with Xbox One controllers when playing on a computer with Ubuntu.
- Fixed an issue where the game would softlock when dying as the timer hit zero in the Adam Ferguson room challenge in Icymetric Palace.
- Fixed an issue where the player sometimes wouldn’t unlock the Super Sized achievement despite expanding all tomes and completing the game.
- Fixed an issue where the Steam controller would sometimes lose functionality when disconnected.
- Fixed an issue where the player was able to go beneath the ice in Tribalstack Tropics.
- Fixed an issue where the player was unable to select “No” on a question when using mouse/keyboard controls.
- Fixed an issue where creating a second save would sometimes cause issues in the GoG version of the game.
- Fixed an issue where multiple players could join an Arcade game when using the spacebar after selecting the Arcade with a controller.
- Fixed an issue where in multiplayer Hurdle Hijinx, the pause menu would not display which player paused the game when playing on Windows.
- Fixed Infrequent stuttering on GoG version of the game.
- Fixed an issue in OSX/Ubuntu where the Arcade ‘continue’ option would remain untranslated in French.
- Fixed an issue where Swamp transformation challenge pressure switches weren’t in the correct positions on challenge reset.
- Fixed an issue where Capital B could sometimes damage the player during the final boss fight whilst the player could not move.
- Fixed an issue where parts of the trees in Shipwreck Creek would be culled when viewed from underwater.
- Fixed an issue where Capital Cashino target course doors could be triggered multiple times.
- Fixed an issue where Tongue slot machines in Capital Cashino would sometimes be semi-interactive when they should be deactivated.
- Fixed an issue where the Capital Cashino Sonar Shot challenge final door would sometimes temporarily lock the player in.
- Fixed an issue where the oxygen meter would remain on screen and continue to deplete if the player received damage as the gravity room timer hit zero.
- The VSYNC option is now localised.
- Fixed an issue where jump height while using Reptile Roll on slopes would be limited.
- Fixed a hole in the base geometry of the crossed bones island in Galleon Galaxy.
- Fixed an issue where the player would sometimes be unable to move after being killed and knocked into a doorway.
- Fixed an issue where changing resolution and graphical quality would sometimes crash the game when launching in Exclusive Mode.
- Fixed an issue where the Arcade Camera would occasionally become jerky.
As you can see, the number of issues fixed by the patch is downright massive, and according to Playtonic, a lot of these changes will benefit speedrunners. While the patch is only available on PC, Playtonic promises that console versions of Yooka-Laylee will be updated in the coming weeks and that the Nintendo Switch version will ship with these tweaks.
Arrowhead is looking into an auto-kick feature to address Helldivers 2 players who are going AFK
Helldivers 2 has seen a rapid rise in popularity, presenting both opportunities and challenges for Arrowhead Game Studio. Although one could argue that the studio has produced a modern masterpiece, Helldivers 2 is still prone to persistent connection issues. Players who have shown great patience with the ongoing server issues in the game are now starting to clash, focusing on personal gain instead of uniting for the success of Super Earth.
IGN reported that players are pleading with Arrowhead to include an AFK auto-kick feature on the Helldivers subreddit. This request comes after some players confessed to remaining logged in to continue playing and bypass the unpredictable server connection process. This issue requires an urgent resolution.
The leader of Arrowhead, Johan Pilestedt, was informed about the problem and assured that the developers were investigating the situation. “I have already communicated this to the team,” Pilestedt confirmed. Regarding Helldivers updates, Xbox players are now petitioning Arrowhead to release the game on their platform after comments from Xbox boss Phil Spencer about the game’s exclusivity.
Are you still playing Helldivers 2? Would you risk the fate of Super Earth to fulfill your own self-serving wishes? Let’s all reaffirm our commitment to democracy in the comments section below.
Cameron Monaghan Open to Reprising Jedi Role in Live-Action Star Wars, Under Certain Conditions
Respawn’s Star Wars Jedi series has garnered significant acclaim from players, with Cal Kestis’ gripping journey of survival serving as a focal point. Actor Cameron Monaghan, renowned for his portrayal of Kestis in Star Wars Jedi: Fallen Order and Survivor, has expressed his openness to bringing the character to life in a live-action adaptation. However, Monaghan emphasizes that certain conditions must be met for him to consider reprising the role.
During a panel at FanExpo Vancouver 2024, Monaghan, known for his roles in Shameless and Gotham, provided insight into his perspective. While many actors would eagerly seize any opportunity to join the Star Wars universe, Monaghan’s willingness to portray Kestis in live-action hinges on the narrative significance and continuation of the character’s story. Merely appearing as a superficial presence would not align with his vision; there must be substantial meaning and relevance for Kestis within the context of the story.
As anticipation builds for a potential third installment in the Star Wars Jedi series, Respawn Entertainment’s reported development of a first-person Mandalorian game raises intriguing possibilities. Could Kestis find himself embarking on new adventures within this immersive gaming experience?
Fans are speculating and curious about the possibility of a live-action Star Wars movie starring Dominic Monaghan. Would such a project capture your interest? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Resistance Retribution on PS5 and PS4: A Platinum Trophy Well Within Reach!
Step into the shoes of a resistance fighter and prepare to wage war against the Chimera in the remastered edition of Resistance Retribution for PS5 and PS4. Originally a powerhouse on the PSP, this third-person shooter makes a triumphant return to Sony’s modern consoles, promising an exhilarating experience despite its handheld origins.
From the moment you pick up your controller, you’re thrust into a world teeming with relentless action and gripping narrative. While the transition to emulation might reveal some of the game’s limitations, its solid gameplay mechanics ensure an adrenaline-fueled ride from start to finish.
Achievement hunters, rejoice! With a whopping 23 trophies up for grabs, earning the Platinum Trophy is well within reach. Most of these accolades tie into the game’s captivating storyline, ensuring that every mission feels essential to your journey. Whether you’re mowing down enemies with a variety of weapons or facing your first demise, each trophy serves as a testament to your prowess on the battlefield.
In essence, conquering resistance and retribution is more than just a victory—it’s an invitation to adorn your collection with a shiny new prize. So, are you ready to take on the challenge and claim your rightful place among the elite? Share your conquests with us in the comments below, and let the world know that the fight for humanity’s survival has only just begun.
- Gadgets9 years ago
Why the Nexus 7 is still a good tablet in 2015
- Mobile Devices9 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Galaxy Note 5: is there room for improvement?
- Editorials9 years ago
Samsung Galaxy Note 4 – How bad updates prevent people from enjoying their phones
- Mobile Devices9 years ago
Nexus 5 2015 and Android M born to be together
- Gaming9 years ago
New Teaser For Five Nights At Freddy’s 4
- Mobile Devices9 years ago
Google not releasing Android M to Nexus 7
- Gadgets9 years ago
Moto G Android 5.0.2 Lollipop still has a memory leak bug
- Mobile Devices9 years ago
Nexus 7 2015: Huawei and Google changing the game