MacOS Catalina 10.15.4 has received its fourth update since releasing in October, bringing the OS up to version 10.15.4. It can be downloaded from the Mac App Store for free using the Update feature that is located in the System Preferences app. It includes a couple of big new features that users will appreciate.
The first big addition is the inclusion of Screen Time Communication Limits, which was originally brought to the iPhone in iOS 13.3. This feature allows parents to limit the amount of time their children can contact others through FaceTime, Phone, Messages, and iCloud Contacts. To the kids out there spending loads of hours talking to their friends via the aforementioned means, it looks like playtime is coming to an end.
Real-time lyrics have been added to Apple Music, which allows for lyrics to a song to scroll by in real-time so you can follow along with what’s being sung. Considering that this is a feature prevalent in other popular music streaming services, this is a welcomed addition.
You can check out the complete update notes for macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and iOS 13.4 below:
macOS Catalina 10.15.4 introduces iCloud Drive folder sharing, Screen Time communications limits, Apple Music time-synced lyrics view, and more. The update also improves the stability, reliability, and security of your Mac.
– iCloud Drive folder sharing from Finder
– Controls to limit access only to people you explicitly invite or grant access to anyone with the folder link
– Permissions to choose who can make changes and upload files and who can only view and download files
– Communication limits for controlling who your children can communicate with and be contacted by throughout the day and during downtime
– Playback control of music videos for your children
– Time-synced lyrics view for Apple Music, including the ability to jump to your favorite part of a song by clicking a line in lyrics view
– Option to import Chrome passwords into your iCloud Keychain for easy AutoFill of your passwords in Safari and across all your devices
– Controls for duplicating a tab and for closing all tabs to the right of the current tab
– HDR playback support on compatible computers for Netflix content
App Store with Apple Arcade
– Universal Purchase support enables the use of a singular purchase of a participating app across iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
– Recently played Arcade games appear in the Arcade tab so you can continue playing on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad, Mac, and Apple TV
Pro Display XDR
– Customized reference modes that you can tailor to specific workflow needs by selecting from several color gamut, white point, luminance, and transfer function options
– Head pointer preference for moving a cursor on the screen based on the precise movements of your head
This update also includes bug fixes and other improvements.
– High Dynamic Range output to HDR10-compatible third-party displays and TVs connected with DisplayPort or HDMI
– OAuth authentication support with Outlook.com accounts for improved security
– CalDav migration support when upgrading to iCloud reminders on a secondary device
– Resolves an issue where text copied between apps may appear invisible when Dark Mode is active
– Fixes an issue in Safari where a CAPTCHA tile may display incorrectly
– Resolves an issue where Reminders may send notifications for completed reminders
– Fixes an issue with screen brightness for the LG UltraFine 5K display after waking from sleep